Program: GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING Date: November 7, 2017 (Tuesday) Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST Location: QCDS Headquarters, 86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY Credits: 2 Meals: Dinner (served at 6pm) Course Title: Predictable and Cost-Effective
Program: GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Date: November 7, 2017 (Tuesday)
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
Location: QCDS Headquarters, 86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY
Meals: Dinner (served at 6pm)
Course Title: Predictable and Cost-Effective Bone Graft Composites
Presenter: Maurice Valen
Course Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
This course covers a spectrum of pliable preformed shapes used for bone grafting procedures with implant placement, from simple and cost effective socket grafting to more advanced clinical concepts in bone regeneration. Surgical techniques and novel biomaterials will be discussed using bone graft/collagen composite materials. The speaker will review state-of-the-art clinical guidelines, surgical techniques for alveolar ridge preservation as well as grafting around immediately placed implants in extensive clinical situations. The science and biological basis of growth factor utilization in bone and soft tissue applications will be reviewed using L-PRF technology. The integration of these principles to generate biologically modified, yet cost effective, biomaterials will be reviewed.
- Demonstrate simple, predictable and cost effective socket grafting techniques without the use of a membrane.
- Learn the crystal structure and use of cost effective bone graft/collagen composite materials that have physicochemical and crystallographic characteristics similar to human bone mineral derived from bioactive resorbable calcium apatite crystal clusters.
- Review additional surgical applications covering post-extraction grafting around immediate implant placement including filling interproximal and facial gaps after extraction.
- Discuss the scientific and biological basis of growth factor utilization in bone and soft tissue grafting applications.
- Learn how to biologically modify cost effective biomaterials for enhanced bone regeneration.
QCDS Members: $0
Non-QCDS Members: By invitation only
QCDS is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider approved by the NYSDA.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp. IMPORTANT CE REMINDER FOR DENTISTS TAKING MCE COURSES In order to receive credit for NYS mandatory continuing education purposes, you must make sure that the entity sponsoring a continuing education course is approved to provide MCE credit by NYSDA, NYSED, ADA CERP, or AGD PACE. NYSDA approves only its thirteen component dental societies and the New York State Dental Foundation. Information regarding sponsors approved by NYSED is available from the New York State Education Department, State Board for Dentistry, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234-1000; phone 518-474-3817 ext. 550; fax 518-473-0567; or this site. A list of such sponsors approved by ADA CERP is available at www.ada.org/98.aspx. A list of such sponsors approved by AGD PACE is available at www.agd.org/education/pace/findaprovider/ If you are unsure whether a sponsor offering a continuing education program is approved, feel free to contact the Dental Board by phone at 518-474-3817, ext. 550 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY