01mar6:00 pm9:00 pmGENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Credits: 2 Meals: Dinner (served at 6pm) Course Title: The Method Used By Top Dentists for Explosive Marketing Results Presenter: Wendy O'Donovan Phillips Course Time: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST Course Description: A successful practice
Meals: Dinner (served at 6pm)
Course Title: The Method Used By Top Dentists for Explosive Marketing Results
Presenter: Wendy O’Donovan Phillips
Course Time: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
A successful practice knows exactly who they are, how their practice is different from all others and how to inspire their patients and community to become loyal to them. Take the guesswork out of marketing to increase patient traffic, patient loyalty, employee retention, production and profitability.
In this course, Wendy O’Donovan Phillips shines the light on the four parts to a balanced marketing formula: brand, online, traditional, and internal.
Attendees will gain clarity about the importance of branded marketing, and will review real-life examples on:
- What to say to potential patients to attract them to the practice
- The most powerful ways to reach their ideal patients
- Creating a marketing toolbox that simplifies and saves money
- The best ways to motivate patients to become loyal to the practice
- Use patient feedback to brand and market the practice online, offline and throughout the community
- Ensure that the practice is differentiated from competitors
- Establish a message and look that is as unique as the practice’s culture
- Develop a foolproof 12-month marketing plan with easy step-by-step instructions
- Increase recalls and referrals with improved patient experience and communications
- Apply the 3 As to greatly improve website impact
- Understand the dos and don’ts of websites, online reviews, SEO, online advertising and social media
- Discern which traditional marketing tactics are most appropriate for the practice
- Create a system that generates loyal patients, and inspires them to refer
- Simple steps to foolproof marketing that will save money and drive higher quality patient traffic
Most Dentists Feel Sick When They Think About Marketing. Overwhelmed. Confused. Apathetic. Wendy O’Donovan Phillips has the cure. She shines a light on how to foolproof marketing in order to safeguard the practice for years to come. She delivers insightful, easy-to-understand courses for dentists and teams. She educates and excites audiences about best practices in brand and website development, online marketing and social media, as well as traditional and internal marketing strategies. Wendy’s presentations include key takeaways that attendees can implement on their own. Attendees can look forward to fun, energetic courses that hold their attention, spark their interest, and shift their mindset into easily making marketing a top priority and implementing solutions that pay off.
Wendy founded her marketing agency, Big Buzz, to provide private dentistry practices nationwide with marketing backed by real research. Her book, KABOOM!: The Method Used By Top Dentists for Explosive Marketing Results helps dentists build thriving practices with marketing backed by real methodology.
Wendy’s work has been published in The Hollywood Reporter, The Washington Times, The Denver Business Journal and several Tribune newspapers, and the Metro Denver Dental Society’s publication, The Articulator, among other publications. She has been recognized by The American Marketing Association and The Colorado Association of Black Journalists for excellence in writing.
Course Title: I-Stop Compliance and E-Prescribing
Presenter: Dr. Bijan Anvar
Course Time: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
As of March 27, 2015, every dentist in New York will have to transmit their patient’s prescriptions electronically. This course, offered by the NYSDA Task Force on Technology Applications, is designed to explain the new requirements of New York State’s new Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing (I-STOP) law and how they can be integrated into the dental practice. Specifically, the course will include:
- The origin and purpose of I-STOP and the electronic prescription requirements
- Are these requirements a burden or a useful tool for the dentist?
- Specific deadlines and mandates
- How to comply with the mandates
- Exceptions to the mandates
- E-prescribing requirements
The course will guide attendees through the e-prescribing process, focusing on how e-prescribing works, options for integrated and stand-alone systems, software considerations for prescribing controlled drugs, system security considerations and cost.
Course will include background, New York State I-STOP regulatory information, and practical step-by-step guidance to help attendees comply with the impending e-prescribing mandate. Attendees will leave with a definitive road map to include e-prescribing in their offices.
Dr. Bijan Anvar, the past-President of the Queens County Dental Society, has served in many positions within QCDS. In addition, he has also been president of the Institute for Continuing Dental Education and is also the immediate past-chair of the Council on Dental Practice for the New York State Dental Association, having been a member of that council for many years. Dr. Anvar has served as the QCDS EDPAC and Dental Practice chair, and sits on the NYSDA task force for information and technology. He is a graduate of the ADA’s prestigious Institute for Diversity in Leadership and is on the ADA committee for the Institute for Diversity in Leadership, with the goal of expanding the program. Dr. Anvar was instrumental in creating the New York Missions of Mercy event, which was held in 2014 in Albany, and co-chaired the committee that created this event. He also created the first New Dentist Conference in New York State. Dr. Anvar has lectured on oral cancer for QCDS, and has served as the QCDS Bulletin co-editor. He received his D.D.S. and graduated with honors in oral surgery from the New York University College of Dentistry. Most recently, Dr. Anvar has been accepted into the ADA’s Success Speaker Corps.
QCDS Members: $0
Non-QCDS Members: By invitation only
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY