Course Title: Mandatory Pain Management, Palliative Care, and Addiction Education/Training for Prescribers Presenter: Dr. Peter Blauzvern Date: March 22, 2017 (Wednesday) Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST Location: QCDS Headquarters, 86-90 188th Street,
Course Title: Mandatory Pain Management, Palliative Care, and Addiction Education/Training for Prescribers
Presenter: Dr. Peter Blauzvern
Date: March 22, 2017 (Wednesday)
Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Location: QCDS Headquarters, 86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY
Meals: Light Breakfast
Widespread concerns related to the current opioid abuse problem in the general population has prompted various strategies to address this crisis. In New York licensed providers with a DEA registration are required to take an approved course by July 1, 2017 and once every three years thereafter pursuant to Public Health Law §3309-a(3). This three-hour course provides the required information to enable the licensed provider to prescribe controlled substances consistent with current recommendations and standards of practice in New York State.
Participants in this course will understand and be familiar with the New York State Department of Health requirements including:
- State and federal requirements for prescribing controlled substances;
- Pain management;
- Appropriate prescribing;
- Managing acute pain;
- Palliative medicine;
- Prevention, screening and signs of addiction;
- Responses to abuse and addiction; and
- End of life care
*Proceeds from this course will go toward oral health outreach programs, including the 2017 NYS Veterans Smile Initiative
- DDS – New York University College of Dentistry
- Externship – NYC Medical Examiner’s Office
- General Dentist (Cosmetic, Reconstuctive and Implant Dentistry, Sleep Apnea and TMJ Treatment) – Jericho, NY
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Dental Medicine, Nassau County Medical Center, North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital and Hofstra School of Medicine
- Associate Professor – Hofstra School of Medicine
- Member, Nassau County Executive’s Task Force on Drug Abuse-Misuse Prevention
- Training Lecturer, Prescribers’ Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapy
- NYSDA/NCDS Lecturer, Prescription Drug Abuse & Misuse
- Presenter, NYSDA Foundation Course on ISTOP-PDAM-e-prescribe
ADA Members & their staff: $95
Non-ADA Members: $195
Pre-registration is required. Register by clicking the “Buy Now” button or call us at (718) 454-8344.
A $15 late fee will be assigned to all those whose pay and/or register on the day of the event.
QCDS is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider approved by the NYSDA.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp. IMPORTANT CE REMINDER FOR DENTISTS TAKING MCE COURSES In order to receive credit for NYS mandatory continuing education purposes, you must make sure that the entity sponsoring a continuing education course is approved to provide MCE credit by NYSDA, NYSED, ADA CERP, or AGD PACE. NYSDA approves only its thirteen component dental societies and the New York State Dental Foundation. Information regarding sponsors approved by NYSED is available from the New York State Education Department, State Board for Dentistry, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234-1000; phone 518-474-3817 ext. 550; fax 518-473-0567; or this site. A list of such sponsors approved by ADA CERP is available at www.ada.org/98.aspx. A list of such sponsors approved by AGD PACE is available at www.agd.org/education/pace/findaprovider/ If you are unsure whether a sponsor offering a continuing education program is approved, feel free to contact the Dental Board by phone at 518-474-3817, ext. 550 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY