28oct9:00 am1:00 pmRisk Management
Presenter: Dr. Kenneth Treitel Credits: 4 Meals: Light Breakfast Course Description: Risk Management courses serves the purpose of reviewing the basic legal requirements for office activity, introducing changes as well as new aspects
Presenter: Dr. Kenneth Treitel
Meals: Light Breakfast
Risk Management courses serves the purpose of reviewing the basic legal requirements for office activity, introducing changes as well as new aspects of the standard of care and discussing the ever-increasing restrictions and requirements placed on dental practice by governmental and regulatory agencies.
Risk Management is a dynamic concept and is always changing. This course, given by Dr. Treitel, whose vast experience in the world of malpractice litigation will provide the dentist with a recipe for office operation and patient treatment that will minimize the opportunity to find themselves the object of litigation.
The topics covered will include:
- the current status of the malpractice insurance marketplace
- a review of the basics (i.e. recordkeeping, medical histories, legal responsibilities of practice, prophylactic medications, etc.)
- an analysis of the types of cases currently being brought against dentists
- a review of techniques that can be used to assure good relationships with patients and address problems that might arise.
- a discussion of governmental and regulatory guidelines that have been placed on dental practices
- what is new or anticipated in new challenges facing the dental practitioner that will require changes in office procedures
Objective is to provide licensee with knowledge of laws and regulations as well as methods to avoid or resolve patient conflicts. Participants who successfully complete this seminar will receive a certificate of completion and four (4) CE credits with the NYSDA Continuing Education Registry. If you have not completed an approved Risk Management Program within the past three years, it is necessary for you to take this course in order to continue to receive a discount from your insurance policy carrier.
Dr. Kenneth H. Treitel: Private Practice: 1969 to present in The Bronx, NY; Academic Appointment: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, October 1974 to present, current position-Assistant Clinical Professor of Dentistry. Positions Held: District Claims Committee of the First District Dental Society-member, Chairman 1981-1988 & 1990-1994, Lecturer/Author on Risk Management; Co-Author-Risk Management courses for the Dental Society of the State of New York; Lecturer-American Dental Association Risk Management Program; Board of Directors of The Bronx House 1978-present, Currently Vice President of the Board.
ADA Members & their staff: $135
Non-ADA Members: $260
Pre-registration is required. Register by clicking the “Buy Now” button or call us at (718) 454-8344.
A $15 late fee will be assigned to all who pay and/or register on the day of the event.
(Friday) 9:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY