22jun9:00 am5:00 pmThe Successful Dental Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Course Title: The Successful Dental Treatment of Sleep Apnea Presenter: John Nadeau Date: June 22, 2018 (Friday); June 23, 2018 (Saturday) Time: (Friday) 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST; (Saturday) 9:00 AM –
Course Title: The Successful Dental Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Presenter: John Nadeau
Date: June 22, 2018 (Friday); June 23, 2018 (Saturday)
Time: (Friday) 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST; (Saturday) 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
Location: QCDS Headquarters, 86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY
Meals: Light Breakfast & Lunch
- Introduction to sleep – sleep stages, disorders
- Sleep apnea prevalence – why is there a need for treatment
- Sleep apnea symptoms/clinical issues
- Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office – protocol review
- Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
- Prepare overnight home sleep study for select course attendees
- Hands on with Pharyngometer / Rhinometer
- Working with Sleep Physicians
- Download previous night’s Home Sleep Tests study and review study data and sleep report with class
- Dental Sleep Medicine step-by-step protocol flow chart
- Hands on working with popular oral appliances like the TAP, Respire, EMA, SilentNight and more!
- Appliance review – pro’s and con’s of all of the major sleep appliances
- Case presentations
- Medical insurance billing. Review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who are doing this daily
- Dental Sleep Protocol recap from A to Z
John Nadeau has been actively involved in the dental sleep medicine community since 2002. He has worked with several hundred dentists in the field and helped many of them get started with sleep in their own practices. An expert on airway acoustic imaging and home sleep testing John authored the SGS protocol manual detailing the steps-by-step process involved in taking a patient from initial screening through diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. John’s passion for dental sleep medicine comes through strongly in his lectures and he has been an invited guest instructor at many dental meetings and teaching facilities across North America.
ADA Members & their staff: $120
Non-ADA Members: $220
Pre-registration is required. Register by clicking the “Buy Now” button or call us at (718) 454-8344.
A $15 late fee will be assigned to all those whose pay and/or register on the day of the event.
QCDS is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider approved by the NYSDA.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp. IMPORTANT CE REMINDER FOR DENTISTS TAKING MCE COURSES In order to receive credit for NYS mandatory continuing education purposes, you must make sure that the entity sponsoring a continuing education course is approved to provide MCE credit by NYSDA, NYSED, ADA CERP, or AGD PACE. NYSDA approves only its thirteen component dental societies and the New York State Dental Foundation. Information regarding sponsors approved by NYSED is available from the New York State Education Department, State Board for Dentistry, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234-1000; phone 518-474-3817 ext. 550; fax 518-473-0567; or this site. A list of such sponsors approved by ADA CERP is available at www.ada.org/98.aspx. A list of such sponsors approved by AGD PACE is available at www.agd.org/education/pace/findaprovider/ If you are unsure whether a sponsor offering a continuing education program is approved, feel free to contact the Dental Board by phone at 518-474-3817, ext. 550 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Friday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY