Course Title: Total Health Focus for the 21st Century & Dispelling the Myths about Oral Cancer Presenter: Dr. Jonathan A. Bregman Date: February 16, 2018 (Friday) Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST Location:
Course Title: Total Health Focus for the 21st Century & Dispelling the Myths about Oral Cancer
Presenter: Dr. Jonathan A. Bregman
Date: February 16, 2018 (Friday)
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
Location: QCDS Headquarters, 86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY
Meals: Light Breakfast & Lunch
(9am-12pm)The dentistry of today is about more than just ﬁxing teeth: it is about maintaining good health, preventing disease and saving lives. The future of dentistry is incorporating a total health focus now for patient care, especially in our large aging population. Learn enhanced oral assessment through an improved health history approach, oral cancer detection, periodontal disease analysis through salivary diagnostics, and sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. Focus the practice in these four areas to ensure up to date and outstanding patient care. Explore the newest research and approach for educating patients and incorporating important clinical protocols. Beyond awareness, create the “must have” written protocols so that total care is not hit or miss but consistently provided.
(1pm-4pm) Dispelling the myths surrounding oral cancer is critical for the profession and for effective patient care. Oral Cancer is an ‘epidemic’ around the world. As more people become aware of the risks, demographics, and treatments, there have developed many areas of misunderstanding or ‘myths’ about oral cancer and the new technologies for enhanced detection both by patients and the dentist/entire dental team. A frequent seminar presenter on oral cancer throughout the country, Dr. Bregman cuts through the clutter to expose the facts. The goal of this educational program is to move both patients and dental healthcare providers in a positive direction using the ‘facts’ as their guide.
- Recognize where we are heading as a profession: tooth focused vs. total patient care
- Deﬁne total patient oral assessment focusing on four key areas
- Discover ‘how to’ to ensure that your health history forms are current and effective
- Explore enhanced oral cancer detection: going beyond the basic white light cancer screening examination
- Analyze enhanced salivary diagnostics: the oral systemic connection addressed through determining oral bacterial levels and DNA markers
- Discover the enhanced sleep disorder assessment: ‘sleep/systemic’ connection, frightening statistics, and the growing role of dentistry
- Identify the causative factors for dry mouth: age, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, medications, diet, allergic reaction
- Determine what makes up an effective written protocol for dry mouth, high caries risk, oral cancer and periodontal disease
- Distinguish oral cancer facts from ﬁction, including why and how it is a health epidemic
- Learn why performing a basic oral cancer screening or using an enhanced detection technology does NOT increase malpractice risk
- Master techniques for documenting risk factors on the health history form
- Develop skills for effectively communicating oral cancer risk factors including alcohol, tobacco, and HPV
- Explore techniques for improving patient oral self-awareness through education
While dedicated to improving the dentist, team, and patient experience, Jonathan A. Bregman, DDS, FAGD has a strong passion for educating dental professionals about early oral cancer detection, the oral systemic connection and growing a practice “from the inside”. He utilizes facilitated learning concepts and audience interaction to help attendees retain key concepts. Attendees leave refocused, energized and with their own action list to implement these principles back in the office. With over 30 years in dentistry, Dr. Bregman remains committed to learning – as evidenced by his Fellowship in the AGD. As a continual student, he easily relates to his audiences. He has walked in their shoes, sat in their chairs and understands their challenges. He has had conversations with thousands of audience members and has a finger on the pulse of the industry in regard to these topics. In addition to speaking, writing, and training, Dr. Bregman has had great success with his dentist-to-dentist clinical success coaching and onsite clinical consulting. By using the specially developed “Clinical Treatment Analysis” software, he can accurately and effectively understand any dental practice and thus effectively guide the dentist/entire team. Dr. Bregman has personally led successful dental practices for more than 30 years, worked as a part time Adjunct Faculty member at the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry as well as faculty at the University of North Carolina Hospital Dental Clinic. He has presented over 150 programs on early oral cancer detection in over 45 states and abroad in the past three years.
ADA Members & their staff: $60
Non-ADA Members: $160
A $15 late fee will be assigned to all those whose pay and/or register on the day of the event.
QCDS is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider approved by the NYSDA.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp. IMPORTANT CE REMINDER FOR DENTISTS TAKING MCE COURSES In order to receive credit for NYS mandatory continuing education purposes, you must make sure that the entity sponsoring a continuing education course is approved to provide MCE credit by NYSDA, NYSED, ADA CERP, or AGD PACE. NYSDA approves only its thirteen component dental societies and the New York State Dental Foundation. Information regarding sponsors approved by NYSED is available from the New York State Education Department, State Board for Dentistry, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234-1000; phone 518-474-3817 ext. 550; fax 518-473-0567; or this site. A list of such sponsors approved by ADA CERP is available at www.ada.org/98.aspx. A list of such sponsors approved by AGD PACE is available at www.agd.org/education/pace/findaprovider/ If you are unsure whether a sponsor offering a continuing education program is approved, feel free to contact the Dental Board by phone at 518-474-3817, ext. 550 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Friday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
86-90 188th Street, Jamaica NY